Wednesday, July 29, 2026

The Greatest Discovery of My Life – An Invitation to Return to the Words of Jesus

Dear Friend,

​Allow me to say one thing first.

​This article is not written to hurt anyone’s faith, nor to criticize any church or denomination. I also do not expect you to believe what I say without proof.

​My only request is this: read this with an open mind and without prejudice. Afterward, read Jesus’ own words for yourself and examine whether what I am saying is true or not. Truth is our goal—not winning an argument.

​Like many of you, I grew up in a Christian environment. From a young age, I went to church, recited prayers and creeds, and learned Christian doctrines. I believed many things about Jesus.

​However, there was one question that troubled me throughout my life:

What did Jesus actually teach?

​To find the answer to that question, I spent years studying the Bible and searching. At the end of that search, I realized a fundamental truth that completely transformed my perspective.

The Truth I Discovered

​Christianity today is built primarily upon beliefs about Jesus.

​However, the foundation Jesus established was His teachings.

​These two are not the same.

What Did Jesus Say?

​Jesus said:

"Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock."


​Notice what Jesus says here.

​He did not say, "Whoever believes certain things about me is like a man who built his house on a rock."

​Rather, He said:

"Whoever hears these words of mine and does them..."

​Therefore, looking at Jesus’ own words, the solid foundation is His teachings and living by them.

What Has Happened Today?

​Over two thousand years, Christianity grew into a massive global movement.

​Along with that growth, hundreds of churches and denominations emerged.

​The main differences among these groups revolve around various beliefs about Jesus and their interpretations.

​Each denomination believes its interpretation is the correct one.

​So let us ask ourselves a question:

Is the cause of these divisions Jesus’ teachings, or is it the differing beliefs about Jesus?

Another Important Question

​Ask a typical Christian today:

"What did Jesus teach?"

​Many might find it difficult to give a clear and comprehensive answer.

​Now, change the question:

"What do you believe about Jesus?"

​They will have a great deal to say.

​This is not an accusation, but a self-examination: Has our focus unknowingly shifted from Jesus’ teachings to beliefs about Jesus?

My Conclusion

​The conclusion I reached in my study is this:

​The time has come for Christianity to bring Jesus’ own teachings back to the center.

​Beliefs about Jesus may have their place, but Jesus Himself pointed to a life of hearing and obeying His words as the firm foundation for His disciples.

My Humble Invitation

​After reading this article, please do one thing:

​Read Jesus’ own words again for yourself—not anyone else’s opinion. Pay careful attention to the things Jesus directly taught in the Gospels.

​Then, ask yourself one question:

Is the center of my faith journey today built on beliefs about Jesus, or on the life Jesus taught us to live?

​If you sincerely seek the answer to this question, it may open up a brand new perspective in your life as well.

​Truth is no one's private property.

​Everyone who loves the truth has a responsibility to seek it.

​I warmly welcome you to join in that search.

 I would very much appreciate if you could respond to this invitation.

No comments: